No football for Devin Crawford-Tufts
The Gophers announced the news Monday.
In a statement from the university, coach Jerry Kill said he and Crawford-Tufts spoke several times in recent months about the decision. Kill wished the junior well and said the team "will be rooting for him."
Crawford-Tufts joined the track team in February. He finished fourth at the Big Ten championships in the 60-meter dash. He was also a Minnesota state champion in the 100 and 200-meter events at Edina High School.
Crawford-Tufts had 24 receptions and 345 yards over 21 games for the Gophers. He caught a touchdown pass against Texas Tech in the Meineke Car Care Bowl last season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Alabama's Reed arrested, charged with DUI
- Marshall out of media days after pot citation
- Winston: FSU degree 'very important to me'
- ADs for Miss. State, KSU set series on Twitter
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Minnesota Golden Gophers Signature Series Full-Size Football