Josh Harris cleared for senior year
Wake Forest leading rusher Josh Harris had his eligibility restored following an appeal to the NCAA, the school announced Friday.
Coach Jim Grobe told ESPN.com in July that Harris didn't qualify academically at the end of the spring semester. Harris led the Demon Deacons with 608 yards and five touchdowns last season and was penciled in to start once again this fall. He is expected to join the team for preseason camp within the next few days.
"I am happy that the appeal was approved," Grobe said in a prepared statement. "I am excited to get Josh into camp."
Wake Forest has struggled to run the ball consistently over the past several seasons, and last year was no exception as it ranked No. 113 in the nation. Harris rushed for 1,760 career yards during his first three seasons with the Deacons, but his durability has been a question as he has been hampered by injuries throughout his career.
He enters this season with 15 career rushing touchdowns.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Winston ruled to have not violated FSU code
- Sources: Stanford's Shaw plans to shun NFL
- Boise State's top rusher Ajayi to enter draft
- Side of A&M's Kyle Field imploded for upgrades