Purdue tabs Rob Henry starting QB
After two weeks of preseason camp, Purdue coach Darrell Hazell named senior Rob Henry the team's starting quarterback Sunday.
Named a co-captain before the 2011 season, Henry missed the year with a torn right ACL, also losing a shot at winning the starting quarterback job. He came back to play in 11 games last season, although not as the starting quarterback. He completed 21-of-38 passes for 216 yards and three touchdowns in 2012 and also played some receiver, catching six passes for 65 yards.
In 2010, when he was a part-time starting quarterback, Henry completed 86-of-162 passes for 966 yards and eight touchdowns while throwing seven interceptions. He also ran for 547 yards and four touchdowns, making him the first Purdue quarterback to lead his team in both passing and rushing in a season.
Purdue opens its season at Cincinnati on Aug. 31.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- SEC fines schools for cowbells, rushing field
- North Dakota St. cruises into FCS title game
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Purdue Boilermakers Signature Series Full-Size Football