Two East Carolina receivers ineligible
Coach Ruffin McNeill made the announcement Wednesday.
Jones' career ends with 52 receptions for 598 yards and 12 touchdowns in 32 games. He made five starts as a junior in 2012.
Soloman led the team with an average of 24.1 yards per catch as a freshman last season and played in 12 games.
Team spokesman Tom McClellan would not specify why the two are ineligible, citing the school's student privacy regulations, but says the players are not enrolled in school."
McNeill says the school's support system has helped many Pirate athletes. But he adds that "we unfortunately reached a point where we are unable to help Justin and Jabril retain their eligibility."
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth East Carolina Pirates Purple #2 Football Game Jersey