Hud Mellencamp still with Duke
DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke coach David Cutcliffe says walk-on Hud Mellencamp will continue to practice with the football team while he deals with felony battery charges in Indiana.
Cutcliffe said Thursday the son of rocker John Mellencamp will remain active in practice and "we'll let the legal due process occur."
Hud Mellencamp, 19, is charged with punching and kicking a 19-year-old man last month.
Monroe County (Ind.) authorities say Mellencamp's younger brother, 18-year-old Speck Mellencamp, entered the porch of a man's home in Bloomington, Ind., and punched him in the face, believing that man had hit him earlier that evening.
Court documents say the brothers and another 19-year-old man "punched, kicked and stomped" the man who suffered facial injuries.
Hud Mellencamp surrendered for arrest earlier this week and was released on bond.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Mizzou rallies past Hogs for SEC East crown
- Arizona holds off ASU to claim Pac-12 South
- Hogan, Stanford play spoilers, bounce UCLA
- Hokies extend series streak vs. Cavs to 11