Justin Worley to start for Tennessee
Tennessee junior Justin Worley will be the starting quarterback for Saturday's season opener against Austin Peay, a source told ESPN.
Worley was the Volunteers' only quarterback with game experience, having backed up former starter Tyler Bray. In the past two seasons, Worley appeared in nine games, completing 63 of 110 passes for 738 yards, one touchdown and five interceptions.
Awaiting the 6-foot-4, 222-pound Worley will be one of the nation's toughest schedules.
After opening with home games against Austin Peay and Western Kentucky, the Vols play five of their next six games against top-10 ranked opponents: at No. 3 Oregon, at No. 10 Florida, vs. No. 5 Georgia, vs. No. 6 South Carolina and at No. 1 Alabama.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- FSU's Winston to face media at ACC Kickoff
- Hall of Fame set to open Aug. 23 in Atlanta
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Tennessee Volunteers #8 Tennessee Orange Replica Football Jersey