Mississippi St. QB has concussion
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Mississippi State quarterback Tyler Russell has a concussion and is doubtful for Saturday's game against Alcorn State.
Coach Dan Mullen announced Russell's status on Monday. The quarterback left last Saturday's 21-3 loss to No. 13 Oklahoma State in the third quarter after taking a hit to the head.
Sophomore Dak Prescott will likely get his first career start against the Braves.
Mullen also said starting safety Jay Hughes will miss the rest of the season after injuring his right Achilles against Oklahoma State.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Four QBs, two RBs named Heisman finalists
- Wake Forest hires coach Clawson of BGSU
- NCAA hits SE Louisiana for eligibility issues
- Okla. St. to discipline cheerleader over gaffe
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Mississippi State Bulldogs #28 White Football Replica Jersey