Jadeveon Clowney (foot) day to day
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward says defensive ends Jadeveon Clowney and Chaz Sutton will be day to day because of foot injuries for the rest of the season, but neither is expected to miss games.
Clowney is dealing with bone spurs in his right foot, a continuing problem dating to high school. Sutton has had a foot injury since preseason camp.
Ward said Tuesday the two likely will wear walking boots to protect the injuries when unable to practice.
The 12th-ranked Gamecocks (2-1) are off Saturday. Their next game is Sept. 28 at UCF.
Clowney has two sacks and 10 tackles. Sutton has 1½ sacks and 11 tackles this season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
- Lee tries to get 'up to par' at USC pro day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings South Carolina Gamecocks Junior-Sized Tailgater Football