Trai Turner, Anthony Johnson to play
BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU coach Les Miles said starting right guard Trai Turner and starting defensive tackle Anthony Johnson will recover from recent injuries in time to play Saturday when the No. 6 Tigers visit No. 9 Georgia.
Both players left the Tigers' victory against Auburn, Turner with an apparent right ankle injury and Johnson with a left leg injury.
Miles said trainers determined that Turner, whose ankle was stepped on, has a contusion. The coach described Johnson's injury as "basically a bruise," adding that he is "going to be fine" and that both players will "play from first snap on."
Miles called the overall health of the team "very good" heading into LSU's first significant road test this season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Riddell LSU Tigers Speed Revolution Authentic Full-Size Football Helmet