Trai Turner, Anthony Johnson to play
- [+] EnlargeAP Photo/Gerald HerbertLSU defensive tackle Anthony Johnson, being helped off the field against Auburn, is expected to play against Georgia on Saturday.
BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU coach Les Miles said starting right guard Trai Turner and starting defensive tackle Anthony Johnson will recover from recent injuries in time to play Saturday when the No. 6 Tigers visit No. 9 Georgia.
Both players left the Tigers' victory against Auburn, Turner with an apparent right ankle injury and Johnson with a left leg injury.
Miles said trainers determined that Turner, whose ankle was stepped on, has a contusion. The coach described Johnson's injury as "basically a bruise," adding that he is "going to be fine" and that both players will "play from first snap on."
Miles called the overall health of the team "very good" heading into LSU's first significant road test this season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider