DeVante Parker is game-time call
The junior, who was injured in the first quarter Saturday against Temple, had an MRI on Sunday. He saw his streak of games with a touchdown end at 10.
On Monday, Strong wasn't specific about the severity of the injury as the eighth-ranked Cardinals (5-0, 1-0 American Athletic Conference) prepare to host Rutgers (4-1, 1-0) on Thursday night. Parker, who will be a game-time decision, leads the Cardinals with 21 receptions for 375 yards and six touchdowns.
Though the injury could leave quarterback Teddy Bridgewater without his go-to target, Louisville's receiving corps is one of the team's deepest positions, and Bridgewater has completed passes to at least seven players in every game this season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns dismiss 2 for violating team rules
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Louisville Cardinals #5 Black Replica Football Jersey