LB Jeremi Powell out for season
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida has lost yet another player to a season-ending injury.
Coach Will Muschamp says backup linebacker Jeremi Powell tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Saturday at Missouri and will have season-ending surgery. He was injured trying to block a punt.
Powell, a redshirt freshman, had been a key contributor on special teams.
"Unfortunate for him," Muschamp said. "He's a guy who was really emerging special teams-wise."
Powell is the eighth Florida player lost for the season to injury.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
- CFP officials won't budge on semis, title dates
- Ex-Heel Ramsay: Suit filed to improve education
- Arkansas' Long re-elected as CFP chairman
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Florida Gators Blue Football Practice Legend T-shirt