C.J. Brown to miss Clemson game
COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland quarterback C.J. Brown won't play against No. 9 Clemson on Saturday because of the lasting effects of a concussion.
Brown was among 24 players listed on Thursday's injury report.
Brown sustained the concussion on Oct. 5 against Florida State. The fifth-year senior returned last week against Wake Forest but was ineffective and pulled from the game in the second half.
He was replaced by Caleb Rowe, who will start against the Tigers.
Maryland also will be without leading rusher Brandon Ross, who's sidelined with a shoulder injury. Ross is averaging 5 yards a carry.
The Terrapins (5-2, 1-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) can become bowl eligible with an upset win over visiting Clemson (6-1, 4-1).
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
- Lee tries to get 'up to par' at USC pro day
- RB Williams improves speed at BC pro day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Youth Maryland Terrapins Red 'Light 'Em Up' Tech Performance T-Shirt