Sooners FB Trey Millard out for year
NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops says fullback Trey Millard will miss the rest of the season after tearing knee ligaments in a 38-30 win over No. 10 Texas Tech.
Millard, a team captain and one of the 17th-ranked Sooners' most versatile offensive threats, was injured during the fourth quarter of the win.
Stoops says Millard tore his anterior cruciate ligament and another ligament in his left knee, and that the senior will have surgery sometime in the next few weeks.
Millard had one carry for 6 yards and one catch for 14 yards before his injury.
The Sooners next play at No. 6 Baylor on Nov. 7.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Vandy hires Utah St.'s Maile as D-line coach
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- WinCraft Oklahoma State Cowboys "Football" Ultra Decal