Kasen Williams out 2-4 months
Washington coach Steve Sarkisian announced the timeline on Williams after practice on Wednesday.
Williams was injured in the second quarter of Washington's 41-17 win over California last Saturday. Williams underwent surgery Tuesday, and Sarkisian said the expectation is the recovery will be between 2-4 months.
A more specific timeline will emerge during his recovery, Sarkisian said.
Williams had 29 catches for 321 yards and one touchdown before getting injured. He led Washington in receiving a year ago with 77 receptions for 878 yards and six touchdowns.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns dismiss 2 for violating team rules
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Washington Huskies Black #88 Game Football Jersey