Kasen Williams out 2-4 months
Washington coach Steve Sarkisian announced the timeline on Williams after practice on Wednesday.
Williams was injured in the second quarter of Washington's 41-17 win over California last Saturday. Williams underwent surgery Tuesday, and Sarkisian said the expectation is the recovery will be between 2-4 months.
A more specific timeline will emerge during his recovery, Sarkisian said.
Williams had 29 catches for 321 yards and one touchdown before getting injured. He led Washington in receiving a year ago with 77 receptions for 878 yards and six touchdowns.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Two vie for A&M QB job as Joeckel to transfer
- Kentucky QB battle heats up as Whitlow exits
- Mankato players refuse to practice for old coach
- More trouble: 3 Texas A&M players arrested
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Washington Huskies Signature Series Full-Size Football