QB Connor Shaw returns to practice
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw was back at practice Wednesday after missing time earlier this week because of a virus.
Quarterbacks coach G.A. Mangus said Shaw didn't take all the snaps, but looked healthy and was moving well. Mangus said he was prepping Shaw to start for the 14th-ranked Gamecocks (6-2, 4-2 Southeastern Conference) against Mississippi State (4-3, 1-2) Saturday.
Shaw did not start last Saturday night at No. 9 Missouri as he dealt with a knee sprain and the virus. However, he came in midway through the third quarter and threw three touchdown passes as South Carolina rallied from 17-points down to win 27-24 in double overtime.
Shaw missed practice Monday and Tuesday with the illness. He's passed for 1,508 yards with 14 touchdowns and one interception.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's South Carolina Gamecocks #7 Garnet Replica Football Jersey