Sources: Poinsettia Bowl slates set
Navy, Army, BYU and Mid-American Conference teams will play the Mountain West Conference in the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego from 2014-19, sources told ESPN.
The Mountain West's opponents in the Poinsettia Bowl will be Navy (2014), Army (2015), BYU (2016 and 2018) and the MAC (2017 and 2019), a source said.
If Navy, Army or BYU are not bowl eligible or advance to the College Football Playoff in those seasons, a team from the MAC would serve as the backup, a source said.
Navy's appearance in the 2014 Poinsettia Bowl will mark its last year as an independent before joining the American Athletic Conference in 2015.
The addition of the Poinsettia Bowl gives the MAC at least five guaranteed bowl games between 2014-19.
The MAC also will appear in those years in a combination of the Boca Raton, Bahamas, Camellia, GoDaddy.com, Famous Idaho Potato and Miami Beach bowls.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Navy Midshipmen Navy Football Tech Performance T-Shirt