Kickoff to match 1970 plane crash
TULSA, Okla. -- The kickoff time for the Tulsa-Marshall game on Thursday night has been moved by one minute to mark the exact anniversary of the Nov. 14, 1970, plane crash that killed the Marshall football team and others.
The schools announced Thursday that kickoff is now set for 7:36 p.m. EST. To the minute, that marks the 43rd anniversary of the plane crash that killed 75 Marshall football players, coaches, fans and administrators.
The team was returning from a game at East Carolina when the plane crashed just short of Tri-State Airport near Huntington, W.Va.
Thursday's game marks the first road contest for Marshall on the plane crash's anniversary.
The Thundering Herd will have the usual "block M" on the right side of their helmets and a green 75 on the left.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Tulsa Golden Hurricanes Mini Football Helmet