School dismisses Chris McCullough
- Dustin Snipes/Icon SMIChris McCullough, who already committed to Syracuse, was kicked out of Brewster Academy for a violation of school policy.
Brewster coach Jason Smith told ESPN.com on Monday morning that the talented 6-foot-9 forward was kicked out for a "violation of school policy." Smith declined further comment on the details as to why McCullough was dismissed.
The New York native was in his second year at Brewster Academy and is considered one of the elite players in the country, ranked No. 16 by ESPN.com in the Class of 2014. He is expected to sign a letter of intent with Syracuse this week when the early signing period begins.
There was speculation this past offseason that McCullough might try to enroll this season at Syracuse, but sources told ESPN.com that it would have been a major stretch academically.
McCullough will now have to find another school quickly in order to make sure he remains on track academically to attend Syracuse next season.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM