Report: Charlie Strong may stay
Louisville coach Charlie Strong is likely to stay with the Cardinals, according to a report from Yahoo! Sports.
Strong had emerged as the front-runner to be the next head coach at Tennessee, multiple sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday. The coach, however, has been tight-lipped about where he'll be in 2013.
When asked Monday whether he could say definitively that he would be back at Louisville next season, Strong said, "I will say that at the right time."
Strong has guided the Cardinals to a Big East Conference championship and an Allstate Sugar Bowl berth this season.
Strong, in his third season at Louisville, knows the SEC well. He was the defensive coordinator at Florida under Urban Meyer when the Gators won national championships in 2006 and 2008 and was also the defensive coordinator at South Carolina under Lou Holtz.
ESPN.com's Chris Low contributed to this report.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Tennessee Volunteers Sideline Tennessee Orange/White Player Snapback Hat