Malcolm Mitchell set for surgery
The rising junior tore his right meniscus in last Saturday's team scrimmage and will undergo a knee arthroscopy on Friday morning at St. Mary's Hospital in Athens. UGA director of sports medicine Ron Courson said Mitchell is expected to make a complete recovery before the Bulldogs open preseason camp in August.
Mitchell was second on the team with 572 receiving yards on 40 catches after opening this past season as a cornerback because of depth concerns in the Bulldogs' secondary. He was practicing exclusively at receiver this spring before injuring his knee.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Georgia Bulldogs Football Practice Legend Black T-Shirt