Trey Burke tops in Big Ten
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan point guard Trey Burke has been named Big Ten player of the year by both a media panel and league coaches.
Burke and Indiana's Victor Oladipo are also considered national player of the year candidates. Indiana edged Michigan 72-71 on Sunday to win the outright conference title.
The media's All-Big Ten first team is Burke, Oladipo, Cody Zeller of Indiana and Aaron Craft and Deshaun Thomas of Ohio State. The coaches went with almost the same exact group, except Michigan's Tim Hardaway Jr. replaced Craft.
Both the media and the coaches named Gary Harris of Michigan State freshman of the year and Bo Ryan of Wisconsin coach of the year.
Oladipo was named defensive player of the year by the coaches.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Michigan State Spartans Crossover Full-Size Basketball