RB Jordan Hall out 10 weeks for foot
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Jordan Hall, No. 1 on Ohio State's depth chart at running back, will be out for about 10 weeks after undergoing surgery on Friday for a cut on the bottom of his right foot.
Hall, with 817 career rushing yards, is a senior who first-year coach Urban Meyer had singled out as one of the team's top potential playmakers.
Hall was walking in grass outside his residence in Columbus when he cut his foot.
Meyer said Hall will be in a non-weight bearing cast for six weeks before rehabbing the injury for at least a month.
The Buckeyes open fall camp in about five weeks.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former TCU star Fields commits to Louisville
- L'ville to make Grantham among richest DCs
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Ohio State Buckeyes #5 Scarlet Replica Game Football Jersey