Early OSU preview
OSU must replace Weeden and Blackmon but is deep at RB
2011 record: 12-1
Last meeting against Texas: Won 38-26 in 2011.
All-time vs. Texas: 4-22
Key losses: Brandon Weeden, quarterback; Justin Blackmon, wide receiver; Grant Garner, offensive line; Levy Adcock, offensive line, Josh Cooper, wide receiver.
Rushing: Joseph Randle (208 rushes for 1,216 yard and 24 touchdowns)
Passing: Clint Chelf (20 of 30 for 307 yards with three touchdowns)
Receiving: Tracy Moore (45 catches for 672 yards and four touchdowns)
Tackles: Daytawion Lowe (97)
Interceptions: Justin Gilbert (5)
Sacks: Daytawion Lowe (2)
More on OSU
The Oklahoman (Oklahoma City) writer Gina Mizell talks about how the Cowboys will replace QB Brandon Weeden and All-American WR Justin Blackmon. Q&A
Three things to watch
1. Next great WR? Charlie Moore emerged as a wide receiver threat during the spring and was the standout of the spring game. Moore, however, has yet to do it during the season so it is unknown whether he is a flash in the pan or a legitimate threat to become a breakout player in the Big 12.
2. New triggerman: How much faith does Gundy have in freshman quarterback Wes Lunt? Gundy named the true freshman the starter following spring ball, but he has a bevy of backups and might have a short leash.
3. RB prowess: The running game at Oklahoma State might be the best in the Big 12. Randle and Smith are big plays guys who each averaged more than 5.5 yards per carry. The Cowboys might be more dependent on the run this season since they are breaking in a new quarterback.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Gamemaster Oklahoma State Cowboys Throwback Mini Football