USC Trojans spring game
Saturday, April 14
Kickoff – 1:30 p.m. PT (gates open at 12:30)
Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
Radio coverage: ESPN 710 AM will provide live coverage of the USC spring game beginning at noon - on the radio at 710 AM in Los Angeles or via the Internet.
Projected depth chart:
QB Matt Barkley -- Max Wittek or Cody Kessler
TB Curtis McNeal -- D.J. Morgan; Buck Allen
FB Soma Vainuku -- Hunter Simmons
WR Marqise Lee -- Cody Skene
WR Victor Blackwell -- De'Von Flournoy
TE Xavier Grimble -- Junior Pomee
LT Aundrey Walker -- Nathan Guertler
LG Marcus Martin -- Cyrus Hobbi
C Khaled Holmes -- Abe Markowitz
RG John Martinez -- Jeremy Galten
RT Kevin Graf -- David Garness
DE Devon Kennard -- Greg Townsend
DT George Uko -- Zack Kusnir
NT Antwaun Woods -- J.R. Tavai
DE Wes Horton -- Kevin Greene
WLB Hayes Pullard -- Anthony Sarao
MLB Lamar Dawson -- Scott Starr
SLB Dion Bailey -- Tony Burnett
CB Nickell Robey -- Brian Baucham
CB Isiah Wiley -- Anthony Brown
FS T.J. McDonald -- Drew McAllister
SS Demetrius Wright or Jawanza Starling
What USC fans can expect to see:
• A quick and attacking defense, particularly the back seven. The secondary has been the deepest and most productive unit this spring.
• A familiar offensive line. Four of the five starters from 2011 will be in their same spots on Saturday and the one newcomer -- Walker -- got plenty of playing time last year as well.
• Lee -- the best player on the field for the Trojans this spring.
What USC fans won't see
• A whole lot of Barkley. The starting QB figures to get some token work and then he will turn it over to Wittek and Kessler to manage the majority of the scrimmage.
• Robert Woods. The USC single-season receptions leader has sat out all of spring due to a lingering ankle injury.
• Joshua Shaw. The transfer DB from Florida has yet to practice for the Trojans due to a rib injury as he also awaits word from the NCAA on his waiver request.
Among the players who will likely sit out or be limited include; Woods (ankle), RB Tre Madden (knee), WR George Farmer (hamstring), TE Randall Telfer (hamstring), OL Chad Wheeler (shoulder), TE Christian Thomas (hip), DT Christian Heyward (shoulder), DL DeVante Wilson (knee), DL Cody Temple (foot), CB Torin Harris (shoulder), CB Ryan Henderson and punter Kyle Negrete (shoulder). QB Jesse Scroggins is out due to academics.
What to expect from the spring newcomers
Starr: Second unit MLB
Wheeler: Third unit LT
DE Morgan Breslin: Third unit DE
Wilson: Out until fall after knee surgery
Shaw: Has not suited up yet
Walk-ons to watch
A group of past Trojans greats will be at the spring game to shoot a portrait that will hang in the lobby of the John McKay Center. In attendance will be Ronnie Lott, Marcus Allen, Anthony Munoz, Lynn Swann, Junior Seau, Willie McGinest, Keyshawn Johnson, Tony Boselli and Sam Cunningham.