USC's Silas Redd has torn meniscus
"Silas Redd -- torn meniscus. Out for the rest of spring. Surgery next week on Tuesday -- expected to return in the fall with no problems," Kiffin said immediately following the team's morning practice.
Redd, who appeared to suffer the injury in Thursday's practice, had been one of the spring standouts for the Trojans. After transferring to USC from Penn State prior to the 2012 season, Redd made an immediate impact, leading the team with 905 rushing yards and nine touchdowns.
With the absence of Redd -- along with freshman Justin Davis (broken finger) and Tre Madden (recovering from last spring's knee injury) -- D.J. Morgan and Javorious Allen took the majority of the reps at tailback in the team's scrimmage on Saturday.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Agent: Peppers joins Packers on 3-year deal
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Syracuse falls to NC State in ACC quarters
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth USC Trojans White #9 Football Game Jersey