STOCK WATCH: Fast-Glance Week in Review
June 18, 2007 | Dick's Stock Watch provides a fast-glance review of the past week in the world of sports, charting whose stock is up and whose is down.
• Angel Cabrera of Argentina edged Tiger Woods and Jim Furyk to win the U. S. Open golf tournament.
• The San Antonio Spurs won their fourth NBA championship in nine years. When is Gregg Popovich going to get some love? He has done an incredible job there.
• Alex Rodriguez has been on fire. He hit another home run Sunday night. How many players would like to hit 27 home runs in a season? He is there already and we are not at the midway point.
• Lexie Thompson became the youngest player to qualify for the U. S. Women's Open golf tournament – 12 years, four months and one day.
• The Baltimore Orioles have lost eight straight games and the bullpen has really been struggling.
• Tom Glavine of the Mets has a 17.28 ERA in his last 2 starts.
• The San Francisco Giants are 6-16 in their last 22 games, including a three-game series sweep by the Red Sox in Fenway.
Dick Vitale coached the Pistons and the University of Detroit before broadcasting ESPN's first college basketball game in December 1979. Send him a question for possible use on ESPNEWS.