April 28, 2008 | Dick's Stock Watch provides a fast-glance review of the past week in the world of sports, charting whose stock is up and whose is down.
• The San Antonio Spurs and New Orleans Hornets are on the verge of wrapping up their series.
• Jake Long was the top draft pick of the Miami Dolphins and he signed a five-year deal worth over $50 million.
• The Kansas City Chiefs fared very well at the draft, shoring up several positions.
• The Rays have won six straight games. Imagine the O's and Rays are battling for first in the AL East.
• Ashley Force became the first woman to win a NHRA Funny Car event.
• John Smoltz got his 3000th career strikeout.
• University of Buffalo guard Andy Robinson was suspended for trying to get someone to write a school paper for him.
• The Red Sox were swept by the Rays.
• The Mavericks traded for Jason Kidd and the Suns dealt for Shaq; now both teams are on the verge of being eliminated for the playoffs and packing for home.
• UCLA quarterback Patrick Cowan tore his ACL and is out for the season.
Dick Vitale coached the Pistons and the University of Detroit before broadcasting ESPN's first college basketball game in December 1979. Send him a question for possible use on ESPNEWS.