May 27, 2008 | Dick's Stock Watch provides a fast-glance review of the past week in the world of sports, charting whose stock is up and whose is down.
• Doug Davis of the Diamondbacks and Jon Lester of the Red Sox showed so much courage in battling cancer. Davis pitched well in his first start back and Lester threw a no-hitter.
• The Tampa Bay Rays are tied for the best record in the major leagues entering Memorial Day … wow!
• Scott Dixon went from polesitter to Indy 500 champion.
• The Red Wings jumped to a 1-0 series lead in the Stanley Cup finals.
• Phil Mickelson won at Colonial.
• Omar Vizquel set the major league record for games played by a shortstop.
• Joakim Noah was charged with marijuana possession and having an open can of alcohol in Gainesville, Florida.
• O.J. Mayo severed ties with his agent.
• The Royals have lost seven straight games.
• The Mariners have dropped six in a row.
• Olympic gymnast Paul Hamm suffered a broken bone in his right hand.
Dick Vitale coached the Pistons and the University of Detroit before broadcasting ESPN's first college basketball game in December 1979. Send him a question for possible use on ESPNEWS.