Discussion

Francis did not get a first-round guarantee

Updated: June 14, 2005, 7:13 PM ET
By Andy Katz | ESPN.com

Notre Dame junior forward Torin Francis will withdraw from the NBA draft and return for his senior season, a source close to the Irish program said Tuesday.

The source said Francis would meet with Notre Dame coach Mike Brey on Monday once Brey returned from vacation and send in his paperwork to the NBA. The deadline to withdraw from the draft is Tuesday, June 21.

Francis spent last week at the Chicago pre-draft camp but was unable to convince NBA executives that was worth drafting in the ...

Read full story

Comments

You must be signed in to post a comment

Already have an account?

MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES