Formidable fighters at 40: Hopkins one of a handful
Archie Moore might have been the best fighter in his 40s of all time.
Bernard Hopkins will be 40 years old when he steps into the ring for his rematch with Jermain Taylor on Saturday night (9 ET, HBO PPV) in Las Vegas. It's an age when most fighters are either hanging on in an effort to prolong their careers or well into another stage in life.
The former middleweight champion and fitness fanatic is a rarity. He remains an elite fighter after turning the big 4-0.
However, he's not alone in boxing history.
A handful of legends -- including Bob Fitzsimmons, ...
Read full story
TAYLOR-HOPKINS 2 PACKAGE
• Rafael: Taylor wins rematch | Undercard
• Taylor-Hopkins' round-by-round | AP
• Oddcast: Review | Preview
• Rafael: Mutual disrespect | A beautiful bind
• Rafael: Larios-Vazquez preview | Notebook
• Rosenthal: May-December bouts
• Mulvaney: Boxers' picks | Rosenthal: 40
• ESPN The Magazine: Team Taylor
• Chat wraps: Rafael | De La Hoya
• Chat wraps: Hopkins | Taylor
• MaxBoxing: Lesson learned? | Merciless
• HBO PPV.com