Upon further review, Blyleven belongs in Hall
After a close examination of the numbers, Jayson Stark finally casts a Hall of Fame vote for Bert Blyleven.
We'd like to take this opportunity to extend a truly sincere gesture of thanks to Albert Belle, Will Clark, Orel Hershiser and the 11 other first-timers on the 2006 Hall of Fame ballot.
You guys probably never realized what a valuable service you were performing for some of us eternally perplexed voters by all retiring at the same time back in 2001. But it turned out you presented us with something we desperately needed:
A chance to re-examine our ballots, from top to bottom.
Read full story
Hall of Fame
Bruce Sutter was the only former player voted into the Hall of Fame on Tuesday, becoming just the fourth reliever given baseball's highest honor. Story
• Olney: Opening the bullpen gate
• Sutter joins Hall
• Neyer: Rules for relievers
• ESPN.com's ballot
• Stark: Sutter's time is now
• Stark: Blyleven belongs
• Neyer: Sutter leads candidates
• Gillette: Rook class falls short
• Crasnick: The unemployed
• Neyer: Smoltz equal to Eck?
• Neyer: Tomorrow's HOFers
• Rogers: The case for Dawson
• Caple: The case for Blyleven
• McAdam: The case for Rice
• Kurkjian: The case for Sutter
• Hall of Fame members