Players, fans saddened by Puckett's death
MINNEAPOLIS -- In the middle of a steadily growing memorial to Kirby Puckett, outside the Metrodome and right alongside a street named for the beloved Hall of Famer, one cardboard sign stood out.
"There IS crying in baseball," the message was written, in red ink, bannered over a couple old Puckett baseball cards taped to the corners.
All around the game, people who were close to the roly-poly outfielder who led the Minnesota Twins to two World Series titles -- and even those who only ...
Read full story
Kirby Puckett: 1960-2006
Hall of Fame outfielder Kirby Puckett died at the age of 45. He was a 10-time All-Star and won two World Series rings in 12 seasons with the Twins.
• Puckett dead at 45 ...
• Players, fans mourn Puckett
• Twins to honor Puckett
• Stark: Greatness personified
• Gammons: Remembering Puck
• Caple: No one as likable as Puck
• Transcript: 911 call
• Kurkjian: A game for the ages
• Rojas: Big Papi's idol
• Puckett's highs and lows
• ESPN.com voices on Puckett
• SportsNation: Your memories?
• Gallery: Puckett in photos
• Wiley: Trial and error (from '03)
• Hall of Fame:
Election | Induction | Speech
• Career: Highlights | Statistics