Twins remember Puckett as exemplary teammate
MINNEAPOLIS -- Kirby Puckett was known for his eagerness, enthusiasm and exceptional ability to play baseball, as well as a perpetual smile and a passion for other people.
Where he might have made his biggest mark in the game was with his effort.
As Minnesota Twins manager Ron Gardenhire reminded the crowd
gathered at the Metrodome for Sunday night's two-hour remembrance
of Puckett, the Hall of Famer wasn't one to cut corners -- never
neglecting where he came from and always ...
Read full story
Kirby Puckett: 1960-2006
Hall of Fame outfielder Kirby Puckett died at the age of 45. He was a 10-time All-Star and won two World Series rings in 12 seasons with the Twins.
• Puckett dead at 45 ...
• Players, fans mourn Puckett
• Twins to honor Puckett
• Stark: Greatness personified
• Gammons: Remembering Puck
• Caple: No one as likable as Puck
• Transcript: 911 call
• Kurkjian: A game for the ages
• Rojas: Big Papi's idol
• Puckett's highs and lows
• ESPN.com voices on Puckett
• SportsNation: Your memories?
• Gallery: Puckett in photos
• Wiley: Trial and error (from '03)
• Hall of Fame:
Election | Induction | Speech
• Career: Highlights | Statistics