Former BALCO head discusses life in prison
SAN FRANCISCO -- The head of the BALCO lab, behind bars for his central role in a global sports steroid scandal, has told Reuters that he has organized a prison track team and debated with fellow inmates about steroids.
Victor Conte is finishing a four-month prison sentence for distributing steroids in a scandal that has tarnished the reputation of top athletes, including baseball slugger Barry Bonds and track and field star Marion Jones.
Conte contacted Reuters in a letter that ...
Read full story
Barry Bonds and Doping
A grand jury is reportedly hearing evidence about whether Barry Bonds perjured himself during testimony Dec. 4, 2003. Two new books also detail steroids allegations dating to 1998.
• "Game of Shadows" authors subpoenaed
• MLB won't celebrate Bonds passing Ruth
• 'Clear' supplier pleads guilty
• Report: Bonds' trainer subpoenaed
• Perjury convictions difficult
• Feds investigating Bonds for perjury
• Olney: MLB would seize on conviction
• Klosterman: The breaking point
• MLB plans steroid investigation
• Report: Bonds unknowingly used steroids
• Hunter: Bonds victim of racism
• Conte: Book is 'full of outright lies'
• MLB to celebrate if Bonds passes Aaron
• Book alleges Sheffield doped
• Pearlman: Great wasn't enough
• Jackson: Truth is undiscovered
• Gammons: Best, worst of era
• Wojciechowski: Career is kaput
• Book details doping regimen
• Jones: Steroids and segregation
• Assael: Andro use? | Wrap
• Did Bonds commit perjury?
• How does federal investigation affect BALCO investigation?
• More trouble for Bonds
• Cossack explains grand jury process
• Selig announces inquiry
• Co-author talks about book
• Kurkijan on Bonds' legacy
• Chasing Ruth