Teams more diligent in assessing players' character
"Character" is a buzzword throughout the NFL draft process and definitely factors into where a player is selected.
Marcus Vick throws a better ball than his older brother Michael, the Atlanta Falcons' star. He isn't quite as quick -- but, then again, very few humans are. They played the same position at the same school, quarterback at Virginia Tech, and left college at precisely the same size: 6 feet, 215 pounds.
But, while Michael was the first overall pick in the 2001 NFL draft, there is a good chance Marcus won't be taken on the first day.
A series of brushes with the law and poor decisions -- from ...
Read full story
• Garber: Character plays big role
• Pasquarelli: Wroten open about past
• Green: Lacking love for game
• McShay: Overlooking issues
• Scouts Inc.: '06 character alerts
• SportsNation: Does character matter?
• Breaking down Vick