Hali among many African-born players drafted
It seems that every year there are more and more players with foreign backgrounds coming into the NFL.
One of the more underappreciated initiatives during the tenure of commissioner Paul Tagliabue was his aggressive effort to extend the breadth and influence of the NFL beyond the United States, to create more interest in American football abroad, and, in so doing, to plug into untapped foreign revenue streams.
Tagliabue essentially created NFL Europe. He expanded the "American Bowl" preseason game series. Under Tagliabue's stewardship, the NFL in 2005 staged its first regular-season contest ...
Read full story
2006 draft coverage
From inside analysis from Scouts Inc. to reports from Len Pasquarelli, John Clayton and Michael Smith, ESPN.com had the draft covered.
• Clayton: Winners and losers
• Pasquarelli: D dominates
• Smith: Thoughts on Round 1
• Inside analysis: 1st | 2nd | 3rd
• Pasquarelli: Character matters
• Green: Money sways Texans
• Clayton: OTs popular on Day 1
• Wojciechowski: Texans did what?
• Scouts: Draft Q&A
• SportsNation: Vote | Grades
• Photo gallery: First-round picks
• Complete 2006 draft coverage
• Pasquarelli: 2006 draft wrap
• Smith: Vick says he's matured
• Inside analysis: 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th
• Clayton: Skier Bloom drafted
• McShay: Players who slipped
• Clayton: Vets sent packing