Simmons settling in on one of IRL's elite teams
INDIANAPOLIS -- It was the phone call Jeff Simmons had dreamed of receiving, yet there was no celebratory fist pump, no excited shout after hanging up.
He longed for a full-time IndyCar Series ride. But he couldn't have imagined getting one this way.
Simmons was selected in early April to take over the No. 17 Rahal Letterman Racing Panoz-Honda previously driven by Paul Dana, who died March 26 during morning practice prior to the Indy Racing League's season opener at Homestead-Miami ...
Read full story
• Live leaders. Cockpit views. Get IRL RaceCast
• Results | Standings | Schedule
• SN Chat: Sam Hornish Jr., Mon., 1:15 ET
• Hornish on Mike & Mike
• Oreovicz: Hornish finds speed to nip Andretti
• Watch: Hornish wins ... Memorable 500
• Watch: Andrettis come close again
• Oreovicz: Contenders lament losing
• Davis: Patrick improved | Watch
• Notebook: Debris flies into crowd
• Rovell: Can Patrick avoid being Anna-ized?
• Rosewater: Fisher still making her way back
• Schwarb: Cunningham's daring pass wins
• Rusty Nails It: Marco Andretti real deal
• Marlo Klain's video blog: Marco Andretti
• Comparing an Indy car to a Cup car
• Helyar: Cost of open-wheel split is high
• Helyar: New role model? Meet P.J. Chesson
• SN Chat Wrap: Wade Cunningham
• SN Chat Wrap: Michael Andretti
• SN Chat Wrap: Pole-winner Sam Hornish Jr.
• SN Chat Wrap: Castroneves and Hornish
• SN Chat Wrap: Danica Patrick
• SN Chat Wrap: Buddy Rice