Indianapolis weather plays havoc with Pole Day
INDIANAPOLIS -- It's billed as an exciting new way to set the field of 33 for the Indianapolis 500, spreading out the process over three days with a fourth day for bumping. But drivers and fans will have to wait yet another year to see how it works.
For the second consecutive year, rain forced cancellation of Pole Day at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Teams will try again Sunday, weather permitting, to determine the pole position and the next 21 spots, instead of fighting for the top 11 ...
Read full story
• Live leaders. Cockpit views. Get IRL RaceCast
• Results | Standings | Schedule
• SN Chat: Sam Hornish Jr., Mon., 1:15 ET
• Hornish on Mike & Mike
• Oreovicz: Hornish finds speed to nip Andretti
• Watch: Hornish wins ... Memorable 500
• Watch: Andrettis come close again
• Oreovicz: Contenders lament losing
• Davis: Patrick improved | Watch
• Notebook: Debris flies into crowd
• Rovell: Can Patrick avoid being Anna-ized?
• Rosewater: Fisher still making her way back
• Schwarb: Cunningham's daring pass wins
• Rusty Nails It: Marco Andretti real deal
• Marlo Klain's video blog: Marco Andretti
• Comparing an Indy car to a Cup car
• Helyar: Cost of open-wheel split is high
• Helyar: New role model? Meet P.J. Chesson
• SN Chat Wrap: Wade Cunningham
• SN Chat Wrap: Michael Andretti
• SN Chat Wrap: Pole-winner Sam Hornish Jr.
• SN Chat Wrap: Castroneves and Hornish
• SN Chat Wrap: Danica Patrick
• SN Chat Wrap: Buddy Rice