Bobble aside, Penske team primed for domination
INDIANAPOLIS -- Even the month's lone hiccup for Team Penske came in the wake of unmatched speed.
When Sam Hornish Jr. crashed his backup car during a practice run Sunday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, it was in the first turn after a 226.256 mph lap, the day's fastest. The speed would have been good enough to start on the outside of the second row for Sunday's Indianapolis 500.
For Team Penske, speed and success have been abundant during the month of May. Hornish showed ...
Read full story
• Live leaders. Cockpit views. Get IRL RaceCast
• Results | Standings | Schedule
• SN Chat: Sam Hornish Jr., Mon., 1:15 ET
• Hornish on Mike & Mike
• Oreovicz: Hornish finds speed to nip Andretti
• Watch: Hornish wins ... Memorable 500
• Watch: Andrettis come close again
• Oreovicz: Contenders lament losing
• Davis: Patrick improved | Watch
• Notebook: Debris flies into crowd
• Rovell: Can Patrick avoid being Anna-ized?
• Rosewater: Fisher still making her way back
• Schwarb: Cunningham's daring pass wins
• Rusty Nails It: Marco Andretti real deal
• Marlo Klain's video blog: Marco Andretti
• Comparing an Indy car to a Cup car
• Helyar: Cost of open-wheel split is high
• Helyar: New role model? Meet P.J. Chesson
• SN Chat Wrap: Wade Cunningham
• SN Chat Wrap: Michael Andretti
• SN Chat Wrap: Pole-winner Sam Hornish Jr.
• SN Chat Wrap: Castroneves and Hornish
• SN Chat Wrap: Danica Patrick
• SN Chat Wrap: Buddy Rice