Snake antivenin drug maker stands out
BRENTWOOD, Tenn. Jodie Richey was trying to escape Hurricane Rita when another disaster hit her 3-year-old daughter was bit by a rattlesnake in the family's yard.
The little girl nearly died from the venom, which caused her leg to swell and turn black.
"It happened so quickly. As tiny as she is ... I was so scared," said Richey, who lives in Onalaska, Texas, which is near a large lake about 85 miles north of Houston.
Her daughter was saved by CroFab, a snake antivenin ...
Read full story