Hornish the odds-on favorite to win Chicago, title
JOLIET, Ill. -- So this is it.
Two hundred laps. Three hundred miles. Four drivers, but only one series champion.
Helio Castroneves, Sam Hornish Jr., Dan Wheldon and Scott Dixon will all lay it on the line during Sunday's Peak Antifreeze 300 at Chicagoland Speedway (ABC, 1:30 p.m. ET), but only one of them will walk away with the 2006 IRL IndyCar Series crown and the check for $1 million that goes with it.
It's the closest championship battle in Indy Racing League ...
Read full story
Peak Antifreeze Indy 300
• Recap | Standings | Results | Home
• SN Chat wrap: Sam Hornish Jr.
• Oreovicz: Wheldon's game, Hornish's match
• Schwarb: Ganassi's perfection too late
• Fofaria: Castroneves knows one got away
• Race day notes: Hard racing, but no hard hits
• Hornish wins title, Wheldon wins race
• Hornish appreciates latest title
• Hornish takes pole; contenders all close
• Schwarb: Winless Meira still battling
• Fofaria: Andretti Green stoked ... about 2007
• Notebook: Howard wins Pro Series title
• Oreovicz: Red and white a safe bet
• Oreovicz: Team bosses see good, clean fun
• Oreovicz: 10 reasons to watch
• Sarah Fisher: Racing, bowling ... shopping?
• Watch: All on the line at Chicagoland
• Watch: Penske's Castroneves and Hornish
• Watch: Ganassi's Wheldon and Dixon