Aggies' Dodge can't walk away from 9/11
COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- The acrid, awful, haunting smell of charred flesh still returns sometimes, without warning.
They're phantom smells, five years old, but that doesn't make them any less real to Mark Dodge. Same with the nightmares, which are less frequent now but no less jarring.
"Certain nightmares will always probably be there," Dodge said.
When you have been where Mark Dodge has been, seen what he has seen, smelled what he has smelled, you don't forget. When you have ...
Read full story
• Forde: 9/11 left indelible mark on Aggie linebacker
• Burnside: Bailey's big smile, heart drive Ace's Place
• Wojciechowski: Ground Zero puts it into perspective
• Carlisle: The indelible impact on MLS
• Harig: The impact of 9/11 on golf
• Mulvaney: 'Surreal' boxing scene before and after 9/11
• Woods: Hopkins-Trinidad a go at The Garden
• Pasquarelli: Fresh memory for Andruzzi
• Schwarb: Security central to NASCAR
• ESPN360: John Franco remembers 9/11
• ABC News: 9/11, Five Years Later