Rogers was masterful, but did he cheat?
DETROIT -- Here at The North Face photo shoot, otherwise known as the 102nd World Series, you didn't know whether they were going to play Game 2 or a Grey Cup championship.
But they played Game 2, Detroit beat St. Louis 3-1 and, oh, by the way, Tigers starter Kenny Rogers may or may not have cheated for an inning.
With or without some sort of mysterious brown sludge on the palm of his pitching hand, Rogers was nearly unhittable. He certainly was un-scoreable. But did he get caught red- ...
Read full story
2006 World Series Game 2
Despite a masterful performance in the Tigers 3-1 win in Game 2, there's a huge cloud of doubt hovering over Kenny Rogers. Recap | Series page
• Questions linger over substance
• Jayson Stark: Filthy stuff from Rogers
• Gene Wojciechowski: Caught brown-handed
• Jerry Crasnick: Monroe jumpstarts Tigers
• Keith Law: Rogers too good for Cards
• Buster Olney: Rogers' top 10 explanations
• Vote: What do you think about Rogers?