No Rogers in Game 5? No chance for Tigers
ST. LOUIS -- To the tens of baseball fans who are watching the lowest-rated World Series in history, hang in there. It's almost over.
Only nine innings and one more victory separate the St. Louis Cardinals from their first World Series championship since 1982 ... and the Detroit Tigers from a long, painful offseason of watching Tom Emanski instructional fielding videos. And if the expected downpours take a breather, that championship could come as early as Friday evening.
All those ...
Read full story
2006 World Series Game 4
Thanks to David Eckstein, the Cards took control of the World Series with a wild comeback win. Recap | Series page
• Stark: Cardinals winning game of inches
• Woj: Only a matter of time for Cards
• Crasnick: Little Eckstein has huge heart
• Nelson: Tigers lose footing at critical time
• Law: Missed opportunities doom Detroit