Defenses on display in Big East showdown
When two explosive offenses meet, one word comes to mind: shootout. But in the case of Louisville and West Virginia, the defenses are ranked just as highly, writes Joe Starkey.
It's perfectly logical to predict a touchdown festival when No. 3 West Virginia visits No. 5 Louisville on Thursday (ESPN, 7:30 p.m. ET).
Why wouldn't you?
The two teams -- both 7-0 overall and 2-0 in the Big East -- have combined to average nearly 80 points and 1,000 yards per game. In their most recent meeting, on Oct. 15 last season, they nearly killed the scoreboard operator, ringing up 90 points and 849 yards in WVU's 46-44 triple-overtime victory.
You have a couple of college ...
Read full story
• Forde: WVU, Louisville share unlikely spotlight
• Maisel: Big East bonanza
• Fowler: Horse of a different color
• Tale of the Tape: West Virginia-Louisville
• Scouts Inc.: Both sides of ball on display
• Preview: Ready for national (title) spotlight
• Starkey: Is defense key?
• SportsNation: Weigh in on WVU-Louisville