Enduring memories of the '06 season
Another year, another pile of memories. Here are my 10 most enduring moments of 2006, all of which serve to remind me that being a golf writer sure beats working.
10. Walking the last 14 holes of Phil Mickelson's first round at the U.S. Open, a 70 that would have been at least 74 without the dazzling short game Lefty has always been known for. Early on at Winged Foot, one sensed Mickelson's pursuit of a third straight major title would depend on his ability to fix his golf swing during ...
Read full story
2006 Year in Review
• Rosaforte: Tame Tiger to terrorize tour in 2007?
• Wacker: C'mon, 2006 was a little funny, too
• Surprise! Tiger doesn't win a Sirak Award
• Sobel: Tiger's season can't be measured in numbers
• Harig: Earl will be in Tiger's thoughts at Target
• Alternate Shot: Year-end issues and other debates
• Sobel: Immelman separates himself from fellow rookies
• Experts' picks: PGA Tour awards
• Sobel: Holiday wishes for the upcoming golf season ... Mailbag: Your wishes
• Hawkins: Enduring memories of the '06 season
• Golf World: Newsmakers, Nos. 1-5
• Golf World: Newsmakers, Nos. 6-10
• Golf World: Newsmakers, Nos. 11-15
• Golf World: Newsmakers, Nos. 16-20
• Golf World: Newsmakers, Nos. 21-25
• Harig: What happened to Mickelson after Open collapse?
• Sirak: 2006 was an unpredictable LPGA season
• On the Hot Seat: Lorena Ochoa
• Weekly 18: Shots of the year
• SportsNation: Vote now!
• Squabbles, contentions, disagreements
• Alternate Shot: After Tiger, who's No. 2?
• Rosaforte: Year of highs and lows
• Harig: Woods passes forgotten Casper
• Tiger '06 retrospective