Thousands turn out for Hunt memorial service
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. -- Former Kansas City Chiefs coaches Dick Vermeil, Marty Schottenheimer and Gunther Cunningham were among the 2,500 who gathered Tuesday to say a final farewell to Lamar Hunt.
The Chiefs owner was remembered during the two-hour memorial service for his contributions to football, to the city and to the lives of the people he touched.
"I must say that towns become cities when someone comes along with the daring of the soul," said Emanuel Cleaver, the former mayor of ...
Read full story
LAMAR HUNT: 1932-2006
• Pioneering Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt dies at 74
• Hunt remembered at memorial service
• Hunt's death leaves void
• Public memorial service draws 2,500
• Clayton: Hunt always had common touch
• Luksa: Humble Hunt never afraid to think big
• Dell'Apa: Hunt a quiet pioneer of U.S. soccer
• Thoughts and reactions on Lamar Hunt
• Lamar Hunt through the years
• Have Your Say: Your tributes to Lamar Hunt
• Photo gallery: Lamar Hunt