Knight's pupil may put the win record out of reach
Dean Smith's career wins record stood for nearly 10 years. Bob Knight's may not last more than five.
It all depends on how long Knight coaches. If he decides to cut his tenure short in the next year or so, his successor on the all-time Division I wins list -- who may very well be his pupil -- could pass him early in the next decade.
"I don't think the record will last very long, certainly not as long as it did until Dean caught up [with Adolph Rupp 15 years after Rupp retired]," Arizona ...
Read full story
• Knight notches historic win
• Reaction to Knight's win
• Kreidler: Knight's great, but ...
• Smith: Record meant something
• Vitale: Knight among greats
• Katz: Knight will be passed, too
• Forde: Knight's pyrrhic record
• Mizell: Knight has many facets
• Bilas: Knight's, Smith's bonds
• Knight's road to 880
• Katz: Knight still doing it his way
• Bilas: Texas Tech All-Access
• Outside The Lines index
• Bob Knight on Mike and Mike
• ESPN360: Bob Knight channel
• Knight reflects on record
• Highlights of win No. 880
• Analysis of win No. 880
• Highlights of win No. 879
• Fraschilla on record-tying win
• Smith on his record falling
• SportsCentury: Bob Knight
• Knight: Through the years
• Texas Tech All-Access
• What will Knight's legacy be?