Disappointed Bears expect to be back
The Bears came up short in Super Bowl XLI, but they fully expect to be in the mix again next season, writes Len Pasquarelli.
MIAMI -- The last time the Chicago Bears enjoyed a season like the one that concluded here Sunday night, in 2001 when coach Dick Jauron led the team to a 13-3 record but lost the playoff opener, they followed up a disappointing postseason appearance by going back into hibernation for three years.
No one expects such a monumental collapse this time around.
This team appears to be built for the long haul. The Bears clearly possess superior talent in the NFC North, and now they ...
Read full story
SUPER BOWL XLI
Super Bowl Central
• Colts 29, Bears 17
• Game recap
• Wojciechowski: Unbearable
• Clayton: Manning picks 'em apart
• Smith: MVP controversy?
• Pasquarelli: Colts quiet Bears' D
• Clayton: Addai no ordinary Joe
• Pasquarelli: Rhodes celebrates
• Five minutes with Rhodes
• Dungy stands alone in history
• Watch the best commercials
• Vote for your favorite
• Postgame photo gallery
• Fourth quarter photo gallery
• Third quarter photo gallery
• Halftime photo gallery
• Second quarter photo gallery
• First quarter photo gallery
• Pregame photo gallery
• Elias Says: Super Bowl facts
• Dungy leans to return
• Colts celebrate win with parade
• Hester takes opening kick for TD
• Knee injury sidelines Benson
• Hill: Hottest Super Bowl parties
• Hruby: Pop culture report
• Vote on game
• Rank all-time best QBs
• Rank SB champs