Memorial, funeral set for former NBA star Johnson
AUSTIN, Texas -- A public memorial service for Dennis Johnson will be held Sunday in Austin before the former NBA star is buried March 2 in Los Angeles.
Johnson, part of three NBA championship teams with Seattle and Boston, died Thursday after collapsing following a practice with the Austin Toros, the NBA development league team Johnson coached. He was 52.
The Travis County Medical Examiner's Office said autopsy and toxicology reports won't be released for several weeks.
DENNIS JOHNSON: 1954-2007
Name: Dennis Wayne Johnson
Born: Sept. 18, 1954, in Compton, Calif.
College: Pepperdine University
Drafted: Seattle SuperSonics, 1976 (29th overall)
NBA teams: Seattle (1976-80), Phoenix (1980-83), Boston (1983-90)
Career highlights: Won NBA titles with Seattle (1979) and Boston (1984, '86) ... Voted NBA Finals MVP in 1979 ... All-NBA First Team (1981) ... All-NBA Second Team (1980) ... All-Defensive First Team (1979-83, '87) ... All-Defensive Second Team (1984-86) ... Five-time NBA All-Star (1979-82, '85)
• Celtics pay tribute to Johnson
• Johnson remembered at service
• Memorial, funeral set for DJ
• Shouler: Remembering DJ
• Simmons: RIP, DJ
• Mayne: What DJ meant to me
• Reaction to Johnson's death
• DJ made all the plays ... big and little
• Dennis Johnson dies at 52
• Your thoughts on Dennis Johnson
• Shouler: Why isn't DJ in the Hall?
• Dennis Johnson video tribute